Highways Network Manager
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: N&C/17/42927
- Published on: Tue 12/09/2017 12:57 PM
- Closing on: Fri 06/10/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £55,494 to £58,515
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Low Hall Depot, Argall Avenue, Leyton, London, E10 7AS
Job Title: Highway Network Manager
Pay Grade: PO10 (£55,494 - £58,515)
Directorate: Highways and Traffic Management
Waltham Forest is now growing faster than any other borough in London. In recent years, the Council has secured significant investment and delivered improvements to the public realm in particular to increase walking and cycling, the borough’s town centers and its highway network. This makes Waltham Forest an increasingly attractive place to live, work and visit.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Highway Engineering Manager to join Waltham Forest Council as the lead officer responsible for its highway network. This post holder will be a key player in maintaining and further improving the recent achievements of changes in our highway infrastructure.
The post holder will be responsible for the following service area:
- Asset management of highway infrastructure
- Forward planning of highway maintenance
- Public right of way
- Planned principal road maintenance and road marking
- Street lighting maintenance and improvements
- Highway bridges and structures
- Flood risk management and highway and land drainage
- Highway winter maintenance
- Bids for future schemes and contract management
- Budget control
The successful candidate will be a Chartered or an Incorporated Engineer, with the following mandatory requirements:
- Demonstrate the ability to function in this professional discipline at a senior level.
- Knowledge of current highway legislative, social and economic issues relevant to the job
- Evidence of successfully managing budgets and commitment to deliver service in line with the agreed budget and service standard
- Achievement of measurable results in an environment where political and financial issues impact on service delivery.
- Proven record of success in leading and developing a team and service, managing change, building relationships, staff development, and delivering high profile process on time and to budget.
In addition you will be leading in some of the most visible frontline Council services which will have a huge reputational impact.
Closing date: 6.10.17
CVs will not be accepted so please submit your application by completing the online application form: https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/apply-job-waltham-forest-council
Anticipated interview date: week commencing 16.10.17
For an informal discussion please contact Vala Valavan - Director of Highways and Traffic Management on 020 8496 2510.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.