Housing Information and Advice Officer
Employer: London Borough Richmond upon Thames & Wandsworth Borough Council
- Reference: R004783
- Published on: Wed 13/09/2017 17:10 PM
- Closing on: Sun 01/10/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: PO1 £28,428 -£33,444 per annum inclusive plus PrP
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Richmond Upon Thames
The London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and London Borough of Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to create a ground-breaking shared staffing structure across both boroughs.
The Housing Information and Advice Team are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a good grasp of housing law, experience of housing needs assessments and homelessness prevention, to work within a fast paced housing services environment.
The post holder will provide the first point of customer contact with the Housing Information and Advice Team and provide advice and assistance on a diverse range of issues including the prevention of homelessness, applications to the Council’s housing register, landlord and tenant issues and homelessness and private sector solutions.
If you are our ideal candidate you will also possess the following:
1. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
2. Problem solving skills
3. The ability to manage a diverse caseload of applications effectively and meeting continuously moving deadlines and priorities
4. The ability to work effectively as part of a wider team operating in a flexible and results driven culture.
For an informal discussion please contact Chantal Kundishora on 0208 831 6409.
To apply for this job please ‘Apply online’. If you have any problems with the online service please email
Closing date: Sunday 1st October 2017
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.