HR Business Partner
Employer: South Oxfordshire District Council / Vale of White Horse District Council
- Reference: 00315742
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 09:34 AM
- Closing on: Thu 07/09/2017 09:34 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £37872 - £42191 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Oxfordshire
HR Business Partner
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: HR and Training Business Partner
Location: Milton Park Oxfordshire (OX14 4SB)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £37,872 - £42,191 per annum
Benefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cycle scheme; Various schemes to keep you healthy; Free parking.
About the role:
This is an extremely varied HR Business Partner role that involves working with their HR provider to support people at all levels across their two councils. They have a real emphasis on partnership working with their HR provider, managers and employees to develop their staff and the organisations and to find solutions to complex HR related issues.
- Be the HR Business Partner for approximately 300 employees
- Support the senior management team, managers and staff on all HR related issues
- Work with the senior management team and managers to facilitate change across their organisations
- Identify and address any organisational development needs along with overseeing the corporate training programme
- Lead the councils through Investors in People accreditation
- Produce the councils’ annual pay policy statements
- Manage the councils’ various third party contracts for example employing agency staff, providing an employee assistance scheme etc.
- Monitor the HR and training budget, and approve the payroll run
- Lead HR projects for example introducing / reviewing policies, etc.
- Advise the senior management team and managers of any new HR directives / legislation and of any HR / training implications of corporate decisions
- Coach managers to help them deal with staffing issues
- Analyse HR metrics data and distribute results to relevant parties
- Ensure council processes are followed for all significant changes to HR policies or employee terms and conditions of employment
- Liaise with their HR provider and other employers regarding TUPE transfers and data
- Liaise with Oxfordshire County Council pensions team to answer pension queries
- You will help to ensure that staff training reflects council policies and meets identified needs
- Oversee the performance review and job evaluation process including evaluating job description questionnaires
- Degree and relevant HR qualification
- Ability to build positive working relationships across their organisations and with their HR provider
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound written and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Experience of project management
- Experience of partnership working
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word and Excel
- Significant HR and organisational development knowledge and experience to enable you to deliver the requirements of the role
- Significant experience of advising senior management on all HR related matters
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Degree in business management or HR discipline
- Experience of managing budgets
- Full member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD)
- Psychometric testing qualification (e.g. SHL level A / B)
You may have experience of the following: HR and Training Business Partner, HR Business Partner, HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, Head of HR, Head of Human Resources, CIPD, MCIPD, Human Resources, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.