Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 710498
- Published on: Fri 17/11/2017 11:50 AM
- Closing on: Sun 03/12/2017 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £31,601 - £35,444 p.a.
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Council Offices, Shute End, Wokingham RG40 1BN
We are currently recruiting for an HR Consultant, to join our existing team and working as an integral part of the Wokingham Borough Council’s 21st Century Transformation Programme.
This will be on a fixed term basis initially for a minimum of 8 months, commencing mid January 2018.
The successful candidate will provide HR expertise and support throughout the restructure process. Key activities, although not exhaustive, will include:
• Advise on design of new structures and related job descriptions
• Participate in a role assimilation and matching process
• Supporting managers throughout the consultation process
• Providing responses to questions raised by both staff and managers relating to the restructure
• Supporting a shortlisting and Competency Based Interview Selection & Assessment process
To enable a candidate to be successful in this role they should be CIPD qualified, have broad HR experience preferably with a generalist background, be flexible in their approach, undertaking new activities, working collaboratively with HR colleagues, managers and staff. Previous experience of similar programmes would be useful but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
• The opportunity to work across a number of activities involved in a restructure programme, gaining valuable experience and working within an HR team for a broad-based public sector organisation.
• We offer flexible hours, generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme
For an informal discussion, please contact Caroline Bennell on 07801 664622
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710498
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.