Income Management Advisor
Employer: Colne Housing Society
- Reference: JNColIMA0408
- Published on: Mon 07/08/2017 09:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 04/09/2017 14:14 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £26,000 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Colchester
Colne Housing has an exciting opportunity for an Income Management Advisor to join the team based in Colchester. You will be on a full time permanent basis and will be paid a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum dependant on skills and experience.
At Colne we expect our people to actively promote and reflect our company’s culture, driving goals and values displaying a professional, positive, can-do attitude at all times.
We pride ourselves on building and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, customers and other contacts and stakeholders. It is important that the role holder is able to build a good working relationship with colleagues in order to ensure a “One Colne” approach in all that we do.
In a time where we continue to develop as an organisation to respond to changes within the sector, Colne are looking for an Income Management Advisor to join our Income Management team. We are ambitious about our Income Management service and are looking for people who share that passion. Your role will be to ensure our customers receive the best possible service from Colne and we continue to provide, manage and maintain excellent homes.
We are looking for someone who can work well within the team, support department projects and objectives and manage well in a fast paced, changing environment. We require a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who is keen to expand his/her experience and skills in a supportive team.
Responsibilities of our Income Management Advisor
- Provide residents with prompt, professional and accurate information and advice in relation to account enquiries.
- Be proactive in contacting residents to support in the early intervention and prevention of rent and service charge arrears, and agree collection of outstanding monies.
- Provide good quality and accurate information and advice on income maximisation and welfare benefits.
- Maintain expertise and knowledge on Welfare Reform and benefit changes to mitigate the wider impact of Welfare Reform on residents and Colne.
- Prepare court paperwork and represent Colne at court hearings to achieve possession and/or money judgements.
Skills needed to become our Income Management Advisor
- Experience of income collection, arrears recovery and possession actions.
- Experience of delivering a customer-focussed service
- Knowledge of the court system for possession hearings and the ability to present cases at court
- Knowledge and understanding of Welfare Reform changes, specifically Universal Credit.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Income Management Advisor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications for the above post is 4th September 2017
Colne is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.