Independent Living Officer
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: F&H/17/42978
- Published on: Tue 12/09/2017 16:50 PM
- Closing on: Fri 29/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours.
- Salary: £25,242 - £26,805
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Cedar Wood House
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is looking to recruit Independent Living Officers responsible for undertaking housing management support related duties in a number of Independent Living Schemes within a geographical area in the Borough. The role will ensure service users requiring additional assistance receive a high quality intensive housing management service to maintain their independence, promote good health and delay/ avoid a move to higher forms of accommodation-based care establishments.
Key aspects of the role include:
Provide intensive housing management support to all residents living in sheltered housing
- To complete an independent living assessment to identify barriers to independent living and signpost residents to access appropriate support services
- To provide health and safety inspections to properties to identify and minimise hazards
- To provide property management services including; risk assessment, property inspections, void reporting and health & safety checks
- To ensure appropriate checks and visits are made to ensure the well being of all residents
- To work with residents to maximise engagement ,participation and well being.
Advising and assisting tenants to enable them to:
- Remain safely in their homes.
- Maintain independence
- Avoid admission to higher forms of care establishments
- Avoid hospital admission/re-admission
- Promoting social/health/wellbeing events and encouraging service users to engage in services which promote engagement and prevent isolation.
Further information on this and the role can be obtained from Carlynne Preville – Independent Living Service Manager on 02084964197.
Please note that this post is subject to a DBS check
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.