Employer: Harrow Council
- Reference: HAR006864
- Published on: Wed 02/08/2017 12:10 PM
- Closing on: Thu 24/08/2017 12:14 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £30,024 - £31,686
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Harrow
Infrastructure Technician - G8
Harrow Council’s Environment and Enterprise directorate is looking for a Infrastructure Technician to join their Commissioning Services division.
The post holder will report into the infrastructure team leader and will be responsible for providing technical support to the Traffic and Highways Asset team within Environment and Enterprise, enabling the team to achieve high service standards designed to improve the quality of life for Harrow residents and customers
In addition, the post holder will work as part of the Traffic and Highways Asset team in accordance with statutory requirements and in compliance with relevant Council policies and procedures.
The post holder will be required to make purchases on SAP in accordance with Council Financial Regulation
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• An understanding of appropriate Health and Safety, Environmental Management System and Construction Design and Management regulations
• Basic competency in one or more basic engineering discipline and traffic design techniques
• Understanding of the political context and environment of Local Government
• Experience in the use and operation of Exor CAD, GIS and imaging software and other appropriate electronic systems, and with a view to developing CAD skills
• Experience of working effectively with third party contractors and ensuring project deadlines are met
• Experience of prioritising workloads and managing time effectively
• BTEC in engineering or appropriate engineering qualification, or able to demonstrate relevant experience
• Ability to learn new skills relating to the role, in particular the use of specialist ICT software
• Must have a clear understanding of the diverse nature of Harrow’s communities and the implications for services delivered to residents and service users
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
Closing Date: 23rd Aug 2017