Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: HCC08664
- Published on: Tue 08/08/2017 15:19 PM
- Closing on: Tue 22/08/2017 23:19 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Starting Salary: £30,153 pa progressing to £37,306 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: County Hall, Hertford
Intelligence Analyst (GIS - Technical Lead)
Starting Salary: £30,153 pa progressing to £37,306 pa
Permanent Contract, Full Time Hours
The Mapping & GIS Service are responsible for the management of the HCC Corporate GIS infrastructure for use by staff, partners and the public. The challenges set by the HCC GIS Strategy are to:
- Better inform service development and delivery to optimise outcomes for service users
- Enable GIS “self-service”
- Establish a centre of GIS expertise
- Improve resilience and efficiency
- Provide the most appropriate tools to service users
- Ensure the authority is able to take advantage of rapidly evolving GIS technology developments
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the unit to lead on the management and development of the GIS infrastructure, as well as developing spatial data standards, managing OS spatial datasets, providing spatial data analysis and training GIS users.The successful candidate must have extensive experience of ArcGIS desktop software, web maps and web applications (ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal) and spatial database management skills (SQL) . Ideally, they will have studied GIS, or a related subject, to a degree level.
The successful candidate will be organised, fast working but with a high degree of accuracy. They will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and professional.
For an informal discussion on the role please contact Patrick Wray on 01992 555064 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 22 August 2017
Interview date: w.c. 4 September 2017