Intermediate Rent Officer
Employer: Hightown Housing Association
- Reference: IRO1566
- Published on: Thu 07/09/2017 15:35 PM
- Closing on: Sun 01/10/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 14 hours per week.
- Salary: £10,650 pa
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Hemel Hempstead
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 4,700 homes and employ over 600 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £48 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
Within our care and supported living schemes we work across a diverse range of client groups. These include people with learning disabilities (including Autistic Spectrum Disorders), people with mental health problems, young people and adults experiencing homelessness.
Our aim is to help them develop independent living skills, to be involved in decisions regarding their lives and to participate in their local community.
About the Role
The Intermediate Rent Officer will have a key role in providing a customer focused and efficient management service for all non-policy rents properties. We are looking for somebody to join the team on a part time basis working 14 hours per week.
- To manage and monitor the rent accounts on a patch ofproperties and ensure that all rent accounts are monitored regularly and correct action taken in line with Hightown`s policies and procedures.
- To carry out home visits totenants where necessary due to the conduct of their tenancy.
- To carry out pre-void inspections with tenants
- To sign up new tenants at the property and setting them up on all relevant internal systems
- To attend Court and represent Hightown in possession cases as necessary.
- To work in partnership with external agencies to ensure that Hightown is delivering a responsive service and maximising income recovery
We offer a range of benefits which include:
Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
Workplace pension scheme
45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
Life assurance of three times your annual salary
Comprehensive training and development support
Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
Free on-site parking and gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit http://www.hightownha.org.uk/careers/ and complete an online application form.
Please click the link below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Sunday 1st October 2017
Interview date: To be confirmed