About the role
You’ll undertake a programme of assurance and internal audit assignments with a view to assessing the effectiveness of our internal controls across a range of financial and operational processes.
This is an exciting time to join us as we are implementing new enterprise-wide systems which will transform how we do business in the future. We’ll need you to support the development of audit scopes and detailed test plans, and to deliver timely, well-written and precise reports that provide a sound evaluation of our systems and recommendations about practical control improvements. It’s a role that will involve building strong relationships with people across the organisation, not least because you can expect to be involved in risk management and advise project teams. Put simply, you’ll make sure that we have clear and effective internal control systems throughout the Group.
About the individual
We’re looking for a skilled auditor who meets the following criteria:
• A CCAB-qualified accountant or finalist, you’ll bring a solid understanding of auditing standards and proficiency in computer-assisted audit techniques – in particular, you will be an expert in Excel and have experience of CAAT software programmes such as Idea.
• We’ll want to see experience in process auditing, audit planning, delivery and reporting and ideally, operational controls auditing. An understanding of enterprise resource planning systems and construction or housebuilding would also be beneficial.
• An empathy with the business for social purpose sector.
• Your technical skills and knowledge should be supported by excellent communication skills, including the ability to adjust your approach to different audiences.
• You should be willing to travel nationally and work flexibly including outside normal office hours when required of the role.
• With excellent analytical and problem solving skills, you can weigh-up business priorities, plan your work to meet multiple deadlines and make well-balanced recommendations.
• You should also have an enthusiastic, proactive approach, especially in terms of leading and influencing change.
Close date - midday on 27 July 2017.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.