Lead Systems Support Officer (V3177)
Employer: West Berkshire Council
- Reference: R/17/38753
- Published on: Tue 11/07/2017 13:40 PM
- Closing on: Tue 25/07/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £35,444 - £42,899 per annum. Grade K
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Council Offices, Market Street, Newbury
West Berkshire Council’s Application Delivery team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and technically competent candidate to work in a challenging environment and take their skills to the next level.
The team provides technical and database support for over 100 key business systems covering every aspect of Council business. Ensuring the integrity and availability of these systems and the information they hold is of critical importance to the Council.
You will have cut your teeth providing systems\database support in a Microsoft Windows Server\SQL server environment. You will have proven track record of delivering thorough technical support for your customers and a commitment to their satisfaction.
We can offer you the opportunity to work in an interesting environment more diverse than most commercial organisations can offer. In addition you will be working with and learning from subject matter technical experts.
We are also committed to ensuring that you get the right training for the role.
Detailed duties will include:-
- Ensuring the availability, integrity and security of applications and systems within WBC
- Responsibility for a number of high profile, business critical Council systems.
- Responsibility for change control for all software development projects relating to the systems supported.
- Provide functional and technical development and enhancement of business software and applications supported by the West Berkshire ICT Application Delivery and Support Team.
- Responsibility for the upgrade and patching of supported systems.
- Responsibility for data integrated between supported systems.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have at least 3 years IT industry experience in a systems support role (which should be detailed in the application) utilising the following technical skills:-
- T-SQL and optionally PL/SQL Scripting
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2016 and optionally Oracle 11g – 12c.
- Microsoft .Net languages and technologies
- VB scripting.
Local Authority systems experience would also be beneficial but not necessary.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Mat Scalpello on 01635 519151.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.