Mini Holland Engagement & Communications Officer
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: C&D/17/40748
- Published on: Thu 10/08/2017 16:38 PM
- Closing on: Mon 18/09/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £38,229 to £41,025
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Various Locations in the Borough
Mini-Holland Engagement Communications Officer P04
London’s moving north-east and it is an exciting and dynamic time to be working in Waltham Forest.
Waltham Forest Council is looking to recruit an engagement and communications officer with strong digital skills and the ability to write great content for different communications channels..
You will also be responsible for running to promote cycling and walking in the borough as well supporting the communications around the delivery of new cycle schemes. You will be expected to have good digital skills and be able to write good content as well as influencing senior stakeholders.
You will be part of a team that sits at the heart of the council, is fast-paced and busy and gives you a great opportunity to get things done.
The borough is growing and changing, bringing with it challenges and great opportunities. It is culturally diverse and has a vibrant community, rich in culture and is at the forefront of regeneration in London.
Closing Date: 18th September 2017
Shortlisting Date: 22nd September 2017
Interviewing Date: 2nd October 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.