Employer: Salvation Army
- Reference: SALV/17/42833
- Published on: Mon 11/09/2017 14:40 PM
- Closing on: Thu 28/09/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 35 hours per week.
- Salary: £28,976 (+ £2500 London Weighting Allowance) per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: The Salvation Army THQ, 99-101 Newington Causeway. London, SE1 6BN
Territorial Headquarters – London, SE1 6BN
Salary: £28,976 (+ £2500 London Weighting Allowance) per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Details: Permanent position
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (Pro rata for part-time); a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme.
The newly formed Procurement Unit is now established and has begun the journey to initiate the procurement transformation programme and carry out savings delivery projects.
The Salvation Army are now looking to recruit further members to the permanent team including this role of Operational Buyer. This role provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and positive procurement professional to join TSA and help build their UK&I procurement function.
- As a Buyer within the Procurement Unit, you will be responsible for supporting requests to spend from stakeholders and making recommendations where an improved purchasing solution can be identified.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and processing requisitions placed by stakeholders into TSA’s Procure to Pay (P2P) system, Agresso/Unit4 Business World
- You will be responsible for providing support to TSA in the use and application of the new Procure to Pay (P2P) system that was launched earlier this year.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Educated to A level standard and either studying or willing to embark on CIPS qualification.
- Experience in data analysis, operational procurement, processing orders via major ERP system;
- The ability to be able to identify and execute tactical buying for purchases and identify the lowest cost purchasing route for low value items, whilst maintaining quality of goods and services to achieve the best value for The Salvation Army (TSA).
Closing date: Thursday 28th September 2017 Interview date: 9th/10th/11th October 2017
CVs will not be accepted Promoting equality in the workplace
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.