Operational Support Officer
Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: B&H02756
- Published on: Fri 11/08/2017 10:30 AM
- Closing on: Sun 27/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £16,781 - £17,772
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Brighton
Operational Support manage the daily operational demands within the Revenues & Benefits section, namely: post sorting; batching; importing of documents; scanning; indexing; archiving; handling secure items; purchasing goods and paying invoices.
Main advert detail
This is the Revenues & Benefits operational support team who manage the content received from customers and prioritise it by impact to ensure it reaches staff in a timely and secure manner. They also manage stock control and the general flow of information coming into the department in line with data protection and audit compliance.
The main areas of responsibility are:-
• Handling post and information securely, ensuring it reaches the intended recipient
• Scanning and indexing all the incoming correspondence and documents
• Purchasing of goods and services for Revenues & Benefits teams
• Providing first line operational support in relation to Revenues & Benefits office administration
We are looking for staff that can support the day-to-day operational needs of the Revenues & Benefits division whilst embracing change as the team improves business processes. The successful candidate will be required to work within a task based environment managing repetitive work and ensuring administrative processes are done with attention to detail and care.
An awareness of working within an administrative role relating to Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing Benefits would be an advantage but not essential.
We have a flexible working environment and a strong, supportive team ethic. It’s always busy, so working as a team to process lots of information efficiently is essential.
If you meet these requirements and feel you have the skills to be part of this evolving team we would like to hear from you.
Technical Delivery Manager
Tel: 01273 291865
Interviews are expected to be held on 12th and 13th September
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure Scotland (Basic) Check.