Part Time Community Engagement Officer (24 hours per week)
Employer: Castle Point Borough Council
- Reference: CPBC/17/33226
- Published on: Tue 02/05/2017 14:15 PM
- Closing on: Tue 16/05/2017 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Contract
- Hours: 24 hours per week. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 6 hours per day (evening and weekend working required).
- Salary: £21,962 - £24,964 pro rata (Scale 24-28)
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Essex
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a part time Community Engagement Officer in the Licensing and Safer Communities Team. The team seeks to recruit a person who would be able to deal with corporate events and activities, such as:
- Castle Point Show
- Fireworks Display
- Pantomimes & Children’s Christmas Party
- Local Strategic Partnership Community Information Event
- Holiday Activities – Easter and Summer
- Community Forums
- Notice Boards
Experience of work in a local authority team is desirable; the most important attributes will be the ability to prioritise tasks and project manage high profile events. Experience in the use of IT and datasets will also be required.
The post holder should also have excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills, as well as a good understanding of partnership work.
This post incorporates flexible working, please note weekend and evening working will be required. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Mel Harris, Head of Licensing & Safer Communities on 01268 882369 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Council is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees to share this commitment.
Castle Point Borough Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer.