Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: ECS0000064
- Published on: Mon 11/09/2017 14:55 PM
- Closing on: Sun 24/09/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £26,934 - £30,786
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bexleyheath
Participation Officer, Positive Journeys – Children in Care Council
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Team: Looked After Children and Permanence
Salary: £26,934 - £30,786
Contract: 12 months – 36 hours
Closing Date: 24 September 2017
Job reference: ECS0000064
‘In the eyes of a child, you will see the world as it should be’.
If you are as passionate as we are about ensuring children in care are given a voice to be heard this job could be for you.
The London Borough of Bexley has a strong commitment to our looked after children and young people to ensure that their experience in care is a positive one. Our joint vision is that the children and young people have the confidence and ability to share their care experiences and know that we are listening to them.
Through our recently relaunched Children in Care Council, which is now known locally as ‘Positive Journeys’ children and young people are given the opportunity to shape and influence the experience of Bexley children and young people who are looked after.
We have a 12 month contract for a person with passion, energy, skills and commitment to support, encourage and facilitate the participation of children and young people in our Positive Journeys mission.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Andrew Russell on 0203 045 4141.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 24 September 2017
- Anticipated Interview date: 4 October 2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.