Performance Analyst (Youth Offending & Innovation)
Employer: Slough Children's Services Trust
- Reference: SCST/17/39150
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 17:30 PM
- Closing on: Fri 04/08/2017 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £32,492 - £37,270 (inclusive of local weighting)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Berkshire
SCST is a new and innovative company delivering children's safeguarding and social care services in Slough. It is a challenging but highly rewarding field of work making a real and positive difference to the lives of children, young people and families and helping build the resilience, social and economic strength of the wider community.
The Performance Team within Slough Children’s Services Trust is a growing multidisciplinary team that is responsible for data analysis, performance reporting, information governance and systems support. The team is focused on delivering a service that helps managers and staff to understand compliance, exceptions and trends, and that is able to develop and maintain the necessary systems and processes to support high-quality practice and oversight.
This unique post has a dual role: firstly, it will support Slough’s Youth Offending Team (YOT), which is part of the Trust, by undertaking data cleansing and analysis, performance reporting and support for the YOT’s primary case management system, CACI ChildView. Secondly, the post holder will support the Trust’s Innovation programme by providing regular performance information about the programme and fulfilling data requests to support evaluation of the programme. Both of these are new areas for the team and, although support from team members will be available, the successful applicant will be the lynchpin for both functions and will really be able to make the position theirs. The role would suit an outgoing and experienced data analyst who is skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and at least one case management system or information reporting tool.
The role is divided equally into these two main functions. Please note that the two halves of the role are funded differently: the YOT function, representing 18.5 hours per week, is permanent subject to satisfactory performance against the agreement between the YOT and the Performance Team. The Innovation function is temporary and is initially funded for six months with the possibility of extension. This means that the post can be offered as either permanent at 18.5 hours per week or as temporary at 37 hours per week. If you would like to discuss further, please contact Chris Hyde, Performance and Business Analysis Manager, on 01753 875010.
- To work effectively as part of the Performance Team to meet performance reporting and data analysis requirements of the Slough Youth Offending Team and of the Innovation Programme for the Trust.
- To explore, determine, monitor, analyse and advise on the performance of the services performed by the SCS Trust/YOT, working proactively with managers and staff to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Trust’s work, including the YOT, and its effectiveness in relation primarily to the areas of youth offending and the demand, activity and metrics surrounding our Innovation Programme.
- To ensure compliance with all information security, data protection, information sharing and other policies and to maintain confidentiality of data and information at all times.
- Significant experience of data collection, transfer, extraction, processing, manipulation and quality assurance.
- Experience of providing accurate and relevant data for different audiences.
- Experience of maintaining and developing accurate information systems and processes.
- Experience of data analysis, reporting and presenting.
- You are likely to have a background in one or more of these roles: data collection, data analysis, performance reporting, research.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and willingness to undertake any training as may be required
TO SEE A MORE DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION PLEASE GO OUR WEBSITE WWW.SCSTRUST.CO.UK
How to Apply:
To apply please forward your CV to along with a covering letter outlining your interest in the role or click the link below.
Interview date: 11th August 2017
Previous applicants need not apply.