Employer: Nacro | Totton College
- Reference: 55087
- Published on: Mon 11/09/2017 08:39 AM
- Closing on: Mon 25/09/2017 08:39 AM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 14 hours per week
- Salary: £16116 per annum + see advert
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Hampshire
Totton College is a further education provider based near Southampton offering vocational courses to school leavers and adults, covering BTECs, diplomas, NVQs and apprenticeships.
Totton College is part of Nacro, a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Totton are looking to recruit a Physiotherapy/Therapy Assistant to undertake specific support work to aid in the physiotherapy treatment of disabled young people.
This role will be based at the college working 14 hours a week Term time. This role requires flexibility with the timetable and the successful candidate will need to be prepared to change classes when directed.
The role will involve but is not limited to:
- Support and assist young people with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities in accordance with the aims of the Faculty.
- Treat students according to set treatment protocols, monitoring student performance, reporting back to the physiotherapist on student treatment and support programmes as required.
- Work unsupervised reporting back student progress and informing the physiotherapist of any problems, whilst observing confidentiality.
- Assist with maintaining a safe and risk free working environment.
- Develop the dexterity, coordination and sensory skills to handle students therapeutically for 'hands on' treatment.
- Assist with the treatment programmes of students as delegated by the physiotherapist
- Organise, run and have responsibilities for student groups without direct supervision or the presence of a physiotherapist.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous manual handling training
- Basic CPR/first aid certificate
- Completed some training relevant to the post or is studying towards this.
- Some knowledge and is be able to use new technologies knowledge of positive behaviour management
- Experience of working with people with Learning Difficulties
The successful candidate requires the ability to be empathetic, sensitive and have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a positive attitude towards students and high expectations of them.
Please note the salary for this role will be based on hours worked
A DBS check will be required for this role.
What we offer
- Pension scheme
- Discount on courses
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which Nacro's work has changed lives here
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Totton values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.