Employer: South Oxfordshire District Council / Vale of White Horse District Council
- Reference: 00317041
- Published on: Thu 12/10/2017 11:32 AM
- Closing on: Thu 09/11/2017 11:32 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Salary: £24032 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Abingdon
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices, smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Planning Officer
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary 1 year
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,032 per year
Benefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme, childcare voucher scheme, Cyclescheme, car lease scheme, gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more, ample free parking.
About the role:
This is a temporary junior level role to cover absence due to maternity leave in their planning team. The Vale of White Horse District Council has a significant growth agenda. They have an Enterprise Zone in their district and numerous major developments, all set in one of the most attractive areas of the country.
You’ll need to be enthusiastic, dedicated, have a strong customer service ethos and be driven to achieve targets. If that sounds like you then this is the job for you.
You’ll be responding to a wide range of planning enquiries, processing planning and other applications in accordance with best practice and government targets. You’ll also provide professional advice on planning matters and help to ensure a development team approach to the customer.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Town & Country Planning or a related discipline, or appropriate experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research concepts and projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Good IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and email
- Ability to interpret scale drawings and Ordnance Survey maps
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities / diversity in all aspects of service delivery and relationships with colleagues
- A flexible approach to hours of work, which may include evenings to assist with training, committee meetings and service events If you have the following experience or qualifications
– it’s a bonus:
- Experience of project management
- Advanced level MS word, excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a planning environment
You may have experience of the following: Planning Officer, Local Authority, Policy, Town Planning, Council, Planner, Project Management, Planning Policy Officer, Town Planner, Legislation, RTPI, Neighbourhood Development, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.