Planning Technical Officer - Business Support Team
Employer: Elmbridge Borough Council
- Reference: SER/17/34234
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 16:41 PM
- Closing on: Fri 02/06/2017 11:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £20,937 - £28,040 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Elmbridge Borough Council, Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9SD
Located in Surrey with good travel links to London, Elmbridge Borough Council is an excellent performing authority, ambitious to carry on innovating and excelling. Planning Services is looking for someone talented, enthusiastic and committed to work in our exciting new multi-skilled Business Support Team within Planning Services.
The post is suitable for those starting out in their career or wishing to seek new opportunities, as well as those with established skills providing administrative and technical support within a Planning or other local authority department. Experience of validating and registering planning applications would be a particular advantage but full training will be given.
For those wishing to advance their careers, the post offers the potential to train and develop in order to progress to more complex tasks and responsibilities within the team.
You will work in the Business Support Team, ensuring:
- a good level of administrative and technical support for the various teams within Planning Services
- provide guidance to applicants, agents, staff and consultees
- interpret and apply planning legislation
You will need to able to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- deliver excellent customer care
- prioritise tasks
- keep calm under pressure
What we need from you:
- general admin skills
- good IT skills
- good organisational skills
- energy, drive and commitment to personal development
For an informal discussion please call Thomas Walton, Business Support Team on 01372 474790.
Elmbridge Borough Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.