Prevent Community Engagement Development Officer
Employer: Westminster City Council
- Reference: 2691
- Published on: Fri 28/04/2017 09:40 AM
- Closing on: Thu 18/05/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Salary: £23,895 to £28,158
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Westminster
Be where it all happens
Here at the heart of a 24/7 city, we work with a diverse, vibrant community to prevent people being drawn into terrorism. As our Prevent Community Engagement Development Officer, you’ll be at the forefront of this challenge, building strong relationships with a range of different communities.
Your main task is to engage with community members and build an understanding of the needs and challenges they face. With this knowledge, you will shape the delivery of the Prevent programme. By working closely with the various groups we serve, we can encourage and empower individuals and communities to challenge extremist and terrorist ideology and behaviour.
- Work proactively to form relationships with our diverse communities
- Promote the Prevent programme to community groups and the voluntary sector
- Support the Westminster Prevent Stakeholders’ Group
- Create a regular Prevent newsletter and update the Council’s Prevent website
- Help the Prevent team to plan Prevent projects.
With relevant experience in community engagement, you’ll be used to building partnerships and have a gift for communication. Ideally, you’ve worked in a Community Safety or an Integration/Cohesion role before. You’ve certainly delivered projects and dealt with community and voluntary organisations. Proactive, IT-literate and full of initiative, you’ll have a level of written and spoken English that’s appropriate for this role.
Join us and be where it all happens.