Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: N&C/17/42109
- Published on: Fri 01/09/2017 12:15 PM
- Closing on: Fri 22/09/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £38,229 to £41,025
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Low Hall Depot, Argall Avenue, Leyton, London, E10 7AS
Project Engineer (PO4)
The Engineering Design Group is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of public realm improvements, often of significant value, from inception through to final delivery in accordance with Council procedures.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering schemes to the highest quality through all stages, working largely under their own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
The post holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of a project including budgetary control, management of contractors / consultants, programming and supervision.
The ideal applicant will have detailed knowledge and experience of contract preparation, conversant with the latest legislation and best practice in highway engineering, be a proficient AutoCAD user and possess excellent communication skills.
Car ownership and a clean driving license are desirable and the applicant must be prepared to undertake occasional weekend, evening and night work.
Closing date: 22th September 2017
Shortlisting date: 24th September 2017 (week commencing)
Interview date: 2nd October 2017 (week commencing)
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.