Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: CEX0000032
- Published on: Thu 27/07/2017 09:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 28/08/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £34,149 – £44,643 per annum (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2,277 pa)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bexleyheath
The London Borough of Bexley is embarking on an ambitious Growth agenda to deliver new homes, infrastructure and amenity for its residents and businesses. This means our Regeneration Team, along with colleagues across the Regeneration & Growth division and beyond, is working on an exciting set of strategies, projects and programmes to develop and deliver sustainable, meaningful change in Bexley.
Due to changes in personnel, we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, motivated project manager, to join a team with a focus on enabling and partnership working. The scope of work is varied and includes helping to deliver the GLAs Housing Zone in Abbey Wood and South Thamesmead, our partners’ wider estate renewal programmes and assisting with the development of housing strategies that complement the growth and regeneration strategies of the Council. You will need experience of regeneration/development/housing projects and programmes and of working in a public sector context.
Our work is challenging and fast paced, so you must be able to organise your own workload and, establish good working relationships with colleagues, consultants and partners. You will have the knowledge and expertise to contribute to our on-going work on development projects, the growth agenda, housing strategy, and partnership working including working with registered providers to encourage them to develop programmes that help bring additional homes to the borough. You will therefore have excellent report writing, financial/ statistical analysis and ICT skills.
We work in the Council’s fantastic new office building in Bexleyheath town centre and you’ll be working with a friendly, supportive and dedicated team. We encourage professional development and are looking for the right people to join us.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum (delete if not applicable)
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
How to apply
Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form. Closing date for application is 09/07/2017 and interviews are scheduled for week commencing 17/07/2017
- Closing Date for your application: 09/07/2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: week commencing 17/07/2017
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.