Project Officer (Create Your Future)
Employer: Peabody Group
- Reference: 494626
- Published on: Fri 14/07/2017 14:50 PM
- Closing on: Tue 25/07/2017 17:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Salary: £26,382 - £28,000 per annum
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Thamesmead
When you join Peabody, you join an extensive and growing business. One with 27,000 homes, 70,000 residents and a 150-year history. As a major housing association we have outstanding challenges for people with talent and motivation. But we also have a strong commitment to the ideals of our philanthropist founder: George Peabody. That means you’ll have every chance to achieve – while making a difference.
Our principles are simple: we believe in helping people and communities to grow, in estates that are springboards – not safety nets. With operations in nearly every London borough and one of the sector’s largest community regeneration programmes, we’re always keen to meet talented people who support our ambitions.
We have a great opportunity that has become available to work with the Outreach and Partnerships & Engagement team to engage and support long term unemployed BAME women living in Greenwich, through a high quality personal development programme. Case manage clients and equip them with the skills and support required to remove or reduce barriers, promote self-development, improve work readiness and progress into education, training or employment.
Work with the Outreach and Partnerships & Engagement team to engage and support long term unemployed BAME women living in Greenwich, through a high quality personal development programme. Case manage clients and equip them with the skills and support required to remove or reduce barriers, promote self-development, improve work readiness and progress into education, training or employment.
You will work exclusively on Create Your Future (CYF) which is a UK wide initiative funded by the Big Lottery Fund (BLF) and the European Social Fund (ESF). CYF provides access to personal development activities leading to education, training and employment opportunities. This role is ESF funded.
- Successful project management
- Experience of designing and delivering successful community projects
- Experience of forming local partnerships
- Experience of advising and progressing BAME women
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to encourage, persuade and motivate at all levels
- Excellent organisational, administration, negotiation and IT skills
- Knowledge of applying equal opportunities, diversity and awareness of health and safety practices.
- Good understanding of the benefit system and welfare reform
To apply, please visit the website: https://www.peabody.org.uk/working-for-peabody.aspx
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.