Pupil Guide

Employer: Birmingham City Council

  • Reference: PE3092017
  • Published on: Tue 17/10/2017 12:50 PM
  • Closing on: Tue 31/10/2017 23:55 PM
  • Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Permanent
  • Hours: Casual hours.
  • Salary: 9.31 per hour
  • DBS Check: Enhanced
  • Location: City Wide (Birmingham)
Pupil Guide – city wide vacancies
£9.31 per hour
Do you have time to care?
Looking for a flexible role that can fit around your normal day? You could make a big difference to the children of Birmingham. We’re looking for caring, patient and reliable people to become Pupil Guides.
Available between 7-10 am and 2.30-5.30 pm, you’ll look after children with special educational needs while travelling to and from primary, secondary and special schools. The needs of the children cover a wide range of medical and behavioural conditions. You’ll act as a vital link to parents on their child's health, wellbeing, welfare and education.
You’ll initially cover sickness, leave of absence, extra district routes or guide a newly arranged route. So you may only be working a morning, a day or a few weeks at a time. Ideal if you need more of a work/life balance. Even better, you’ll usually be placed at a school in the area where you live.
Who we’re looking for
Sensitive to the needs of our most vulnerable young people, you’ll ideally be a good communicator, used to working with young people with special needs. We’re committed to ensuring the best possible care, so we’ll help you settle in with full training before you start.
If you have any questions, please call the Travel Assist Section:
0121 303 6595 (South Area)
0121 303 3220 (North Area)
Ref: PE3092017
Closing date: Tuesday 31 October 2017
“Birmingham City Council is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
The Travel Assist Section require that all guides have two suitable references, are medically cleared and have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be undertaken.
‘Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.’

Vacancy Downloads

Apply Now

Vacancy Location

More Information

Share This Job

Share this job on Facebook Tweet this job Share this job on LinkedIn