Ranger Service Manager PL2012017
Employer: Birmingham City Council
- Reference: PL2012017
- Published on: Mon 10/07/2017 12:07 PM
- Closing on: Fri 21/07/2017 12:07 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36.5 hours per week.
- Salary: £33,437 - £41,025
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Birmingham
Ranger Service Manager
£33,437 - £41,025
Kings Heath Park
Working 36.5 hours per week
Birmingham Parks Service is looking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, and dynamic individual to complement and complete the existing senior management team.
You will have overall responsibility for the day to day management and promotion of the city wide Ranger Service. As such you will have a proven background in managing a diverse team of staff involved in the nature conservation management of land, providing events and educational activities to the public, educational establishments and community groups. You will be experienced in performance management and setting multiple team targets and reporting on outcomes. You will have excellent IT skills and be able to communicate well at all levels. The role will also be a key link between the Service and Birmingham Open Spaces Forum and Park Friends Groups and instrumental in further developing volunteering opportunities across the city.
Requirement of the role include
- Must have a full driving licence
- There will be a requirement on occasions for out of hours attendance at meetings e.g. Ward Committees, Friends Groups and other user groups. This is also likely to include attendance at various events on parks.
For informal enquiries please contact Joe Hayden 0121 675 0936
Closing date: 21 July 2017
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”