Senior Planning Officer
Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: HCC08062
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 10:30 AM
- Closing on: Sun 11/06/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £38,237 - £43,821
- DBS Check: No
- Location: County Hall, Hertford
Office Base: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £38,237 - £43,821 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Full time (consideration will be given to applicants seeking part time employment)
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded Property Service. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse workload which promotes Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
What the role would include:
- Working with the ten Hertfordshire Planning Authorities to ensure sufficient infrastructure is provided in emerging local plans to support HCC services;
- Representing the County Council as a landowner to ensure best use of assets;
- Making submissions on consultation documents;
- Commissioning specialist consultants to support our representations; and
- Maintaining the good working relationships with all of our stakeholders.
What we’d like to see from the perfect candidate:
- A professional qualification or equivalent degree;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities;
- The ability to take a lead on some of our key projects; and
- Experience of working in a planning policy team
Please note: A full Driving Licence is required for this role.
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Generous annual leave entitlement;
- Lease car packages;
- Excellent Career Development;
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions;
- £1,000 welcome payment to persons joining the County Council;
- Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme;
- Occupational maternity/paternity and adoption pay;
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes
See what working for Hertfordshire is like by viewing our Property video at http://www.countyofopportunity.co.uk/job-opportunities/professional-technical/
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June 2017
Interview Date: Wednesday 21st June 2017
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Andrea Gilmour, Principal Planning Officer, on 01992 556477.