Senior Procurement Officer
Employer: Westminster City Council
- Reference: 2778
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 14:35 PM
- Closing on: Tue 06/06/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £31,953 - £35,961 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hammersmith & Fulham
Be where it all happen
Here at the heart of the capital, we’re proud to serve a diverse and vibrant community. To meet our residents’ needs, we need high-performing Adult’s Services. These services depend on us securing the best possible resources. That’s why we need you: a capable Senior Procurement Manager.
This is a great opportunity to share your procurement expertise across an innovative shared adult social care department. With our Shared Service arrangement, you’ll be working across three London authorities (Hammersmith & Fulham, the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, and Westminster City Council). We’ll look to you to advise and take the lead on procurement activities and practice, minimising risk and achieving the best commercial results. The goal? Sustainable high-quality services.
- Provide end-to-end procurement support, from strategy to contract realisation, across a portfolio of procurement projects
- Offer creative solutions to complex procurement problems
- Play a key role in creating an innovative, high-performing procurement function
- Leverage spending power to make the most of funding
- Uphold best practice, Council policies and relevant legislation.
This is a challenging role for an experienced professional. You should have managed complex end-to-end tenders before – and have a track record to prove it. Able to meet service needs, achieve good commercial results and minimise risks, you’ll be confident and qualified to MCIPS Level 4 (or working towards this). Your expertise covers the commissioning cycle, procurement legislation, Public Contract regulations 2015 and e-tendering packages. With this knowledge and experience, you’ll be a key member of the team, inspiring staff, advising colleagues and influencing stakeholders.
If you’re as productive as you are ambitious and collaborative as you are enterprising, this is your chance to take real ownership of your work.
Closing Date: 6th June 2017.