Employer: Birmingham City Council
- Reference: EC1332017
- Published on: Thu 11/05/2017 14:20 PM
- Closing on: Fri 02/06/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36.5 hours.
- Salary: £41,967 - £52,455
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: 10 Woodcock Street, Aston, Birmingham, B7 4BL
Senior Solicitor – Children’s Legal Team
£41,967 - £52,455
10 Woodcock Street, Aston, Birmingham
Working 36.5 hours per week
At Birmingham City Council, we are always looking for people of the highest calibre whose knowledge, skills and experience will help us provide the best possible service. We are working to support a hugely diverse city with a wide range of services in order to make a positive difference to people. Working within one of the largest legal teams in local government, you will be involved in complex, challenging work at this exciting time in Birmingham City Council’s future. Join us, and you’ll be in a great place for both professional and personal development in our large, vibrant and evolving city.
We are seeking experienced solicitors or barristers to join our Children’s Legal Team. We are looking for:
- A minimum 5 years PQE;
- An in-depth working knowledge of the Children Act 1989, Adoption and Children Act 2002, together with associated legislation, regulations and applicable international law. A working knowledge of the Family and Civil Procedure Rules.
- Significant advocacy experience;
- Experience of managing and providing legal advice in respect of complex cases;
- The ability to provide advice to senior managers, in respect of a wide range of matters relating to children, families and young people in the city.
- The ability to undertake a varied and demanding caseload, including applications under the Children Act 1989, adoption, cases with an international element, judicial reviews, applications in the court of protection and complaints.
- A commitment to assisting Birmingham City Council Children’s Services provide the best services for children and young people in the city.
- The ability to manage and develop a team of solicitors, of varied levels of experience.For any informal enquiries in relation to this role, please contact Sukhwinder Singh on 0121 464 7812 / 0121 464 3096
- You will be exposed to some of the most interesting cases and the experience gained will be second to none.
Closing Date: 02 June 2017
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”