Service Improvement Officer
- Reference: CSS0115
- Published on: Fri 23/09/2016 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Tue 11/10/2016 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week • Permanent
- Salary: RG6 (SCP 34-39) £29,854 - £34,196 pa RG7 (SCP 39-45) £34,196 - £39,660 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: RG1 2LU
The Corporate Improvement Team provides IT and digital services, project management and analysis, and customer relations services to support service delivery and improvement across the Council.
This is a role which will provide an exciting opportunity to support and work on a wide range of corporate priorities at a time where the council is going through a period of rapid change.
- Drive the delivery of the Council’s Corporate Plan priorities by supporting service improvement activity
- Manage key projects for the Council which contribute to the Corporate Plan priorities
- Provide support for strategic planning, development and implementation of key policy initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Service Improvement – Planning and implementation of projects, performance, business and financial analysis, options appraisal, business case development and making recommendations to senior managers.
- Policy and Strategy Development – development and implementation of policies and strategies, research and analysis of current and emerging issues including new Government policy and strategy, and providing advice on these to the administration and senior managers.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate experience of strategic planning including production of reports, briefings targeted at senior managers, councillors and government bodies.
- Applicants will also have experience of business process reviews and project management to deliver service improvement through process, organisational, and technological change.
- Well developed analysis, planning, communication and organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 11 October 2016
Interview date: 26 October 2016