Social Care Practitioner (V3229)
Employer: West Berkshire Council
- Reference: C/17/42876
- Published on: Wed 13/09/2017 08:30 AM
- Closing on: Tue 26/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £21,962 - £27,668 per annum Grade G
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Hillcroft House
The Social Care Practitioner (SCP) will work with adults who need care and support to identify ways to manage their needs. This will involve providing good quality advice and information as well as connecting them to community resources.
Where necessary, the SCP will work with people in crisis to stabilise their situation and in some cases plan to meet needs by arranging long-term packages of support. The role will also involve working with carers. The role will require assessment of basic equipment and minor adaptations to reduce risks and promote independence in the home environment.
The role is very varied and will involve working with adults with a wide range of needs and disabilities. The role sits within a small team of staff which includes Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Social Care practitioners, supported by an administration team. Working collaborativley with others will be key.
The key tasks that this role will particularly focus on include:
- Undertake assessments of people who are identified as at risk of falls
- Provide information, advice and signposting to relevant resources
- Where appropriate, provide equipment and minor adaptations
- Where appropriate, take action to ensure a safe home environment
- Develop working relationships with health both primary Care (GP’s) and health in the community.
- Attend MDT meetings to provide or refer to intermediate care to help people at home wherever possible to avoid Hospital admission
- Further tasks relating to the Integration of Primary Care element of this role will be developed once MDT’s are working as we want
This is a fixed term position - one year from start date.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
Please contact James Lewis or Sarah Ash on (01635) 292189 for an informal chat about this role.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.