Social Work opportunities
Employer: London Borough of Haringey
- Reference: n/a
- Published on: Thu 28/03/2013 15:11 PM
- Closing on: Sun 12/05/2013 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: N22 8LE
This is an exciting time for Haringey as we move forward with major change across the borough, including our Children and Young People’s transformational change programme, Haringey 54000 and substantial regeneration plans.
We have some excellent career opportunities in our Children and Young People’s Service as we design, develop and deliver our new service delivery model.
Key to our success will be ensuring:
‘Haringey is a place where children and young people are known to thrive and achieve’.
If you believe you possess the necessary qualifications, experience and ambition to take our service to the next level, come and join us working on the front line, making a crucial difference to children and young people’s lives.
About the role
Our services are currently delivered through:
- First Response and MASH (Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub)
- Safeguarding and Support (Children and young people living in the community subject to Child in Need or Child Protection Plans)
- Children in Care
- Children with Additional Needs
- Safeguarding, Quality Assurance and Practice Development
- Fostering and Adoption
All of our teams work together and whatever your role, you will be part of our on-going plans for improvement.
Relevant qualifications and knowledge are, of course, crucial; however, to be part of our team as a social worker, manager or an Independent Reviewing Officer, you must have some key qualities and skills.
Whether you are a highly skilled manager, or a qualified Social Worker looking for your next challenge. You must be committed to multi-agency working and have what it takes to work in a diverse community. You should also be organised and articulate, both in person and on paper, and able to write high quality reports and assessments that are based on evidence where children and young people are at the heart. You will need a comprehensive understanding of child care legislation and current social care issues. Whatever your role with us, you will be working as part of a team sharing your knowledge and developing positive working relationships. You’ll be inclusive and focused – keen to be innovative about what you do
In return we will offer you high quality supervision and a commitment to continuing professional and managerial development together with the opportunity to be part of our future.
About Haringey Children’s Services
- At Haringey, we have worked extremely hard to improve the safeguarding services that we provide to children and young people. Our First Response Team has been praised for its joined up approach. Our ground-breaking MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) has fundamentally changed the way we work across agencies.
- Where children and young people cannot remain at home we are committed to providing high quality permanency plans for our looked after children, which ensure they will have the best chance of an alternative permanent family home
- We have signed up to the Government’s ambitious plan to turn around the lives of families with more complex problems by 2015 through our Haringey Families First Programme
- The Independent Education Commission report has published ‘Outstanding for All’ which has delivered a challenging agenda to map out future education provision in Haringey, and ensure that our schools and settings are truly outstanding for all.
- Haringey 54,000 is our transformational change programme that will create a new relationship with the Borough’s families. The programme will balance services towards a wide selection of high quality universal and targeted early help activities whilst providing high quality safeguarding to those who need it.