Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: CEX0000035
- Published on: Tue 12/09/2017 16:23 PM
- Closing on: Sun 01/10/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £38,043 - £44,757
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bexleyheath
Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Team: Legal Services
Salary: £38,043 - £44,757
Contract: Permanent – 36 hours
Closing Date: 1 October 2017
Job reference: CEX0000035
Bexley is looking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Solicitor or Barrister (or qualified Legal Executive) to work in our busy and supportive Child Care Team.
You will be an admitted Solicitor or Barrister (or qualified Legal Executive) entitled to practice with substantial relevant post qualification legal experience (min 2 years PQE) and you will be responsible for conducting your own case load of children’s proceedings. You will take an active role in advising and representing your Client in Court. You will need effective advocacy skills and the ability to be flexible to assist other team members when required. You will have recent in depth post qualification experience in this area of law. You must have the ability to conduct a substantial case load and to work under pressure with minimum supervision and limited resources.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sue Putnam or Laura Jones (Legal Team Managers) on 020 3045 3911 or 020 3045 3910.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of a Standard Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
What we offer
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 1 October 2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: Week commencing 9 October 2017
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.