Mental Health Specialist Support Worker
Employer: Look Ahead Care and Support
- Reference: LACS/18/51280
- Published on: Thu 11/01/2018 12:45 PM
- Closing on: Thu 25/01/2018 13:48 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Salary: £22,000 Per Annum Plus 25 days Annual Leave Per Annum, Pension schemes, Travel allowance, Staff discounts
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Newham
About the Service:
Ibis House (Newham, E12) and Minster House (Ealing, W3) are specialist semi-independent living services for young care leavers aged 16-21, with capacity to also work with young parents and their child. The service provides a high level of support (approximately 10 hours per week per person) to young people with a variety of complex needs – which often includes mental health needs. The services aim to support young people to manage and address their various support needs and risks whilst also supporting young people to learn basic life skills and be ready to live independently. This role requires you to work 2 Days at Minster House (Ealing) and 3 days at Ibis House (Newham).
- To provide 1:1 support to specific customers around their mental wellbeing
- Running workshops and interactive activities for all customers about mental health covering topics such as positive risk taking, maintaining good mental health, regulating emotional wellbeing and reducing associated stigmas
- To be each service’s key contact for external agencies regarding customer mental health needs
- To build a network of resources and partners to support customer mental health needs
- Developing and promoting healthy living environments
- To work flexibly across diverse geographical locations
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Provide structured support and guidance to other front line staff in their area of expertise
- To lead groups and activities - offering a range of appropriate therapeutic and recovery focused interactions and activities
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures. Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.