Support Officer (Housing Standards & Enabling)
Employer: Woking Borough Council
- Reference: PEOP/17/43048
- Published on: Wed 13/09/2017 14:15 PM
- Closing on: Tue 10/10/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week. Generous flexi scheme.
- Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum (includes £1,333 flexible benefits allowance)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Woking
PEOPLE - A Healthy, Inclusive and Engaged Community
We will improve the health and wellbeing of our community, by:
- working with partners to raise personal health standards with particular focus on mental health, alcohol, obesity and smoking;
- encouraging through a clear dialogue with those who are able, to take responsibility and self serve, while helping, with partner organisations (including the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector), those less able; and promoting recreational opportunities for all sections of the community.
Specific job details
We currently have two vacancies, each offering an exciting opportunity to developing expertise within a particular area of housing support whilst maintaining resilience across the Council’s Housing Standards and Housing Strategy and Enabling functions.
Housing Standards Team
- Responds to concerns from private tenants regarding their accommodation.
- Undertakes proactive inspections of private rented accommodation before taking both informal and formal action to improve poor quality accommodation.
- Processes applications for licenses in respect of private rented accommodation.
The Housing Strategy and Enabling Team
- Works with private landlords to secure affordable accommodation for residents who are threatened with homelessness.
- Works with developers and housing providers to deliver affordable housing across the Borough.
Skills and Experience
We are seeking two enthusiastic and committed individuals to provide efficient and effective support across both teams.
These varied roles would ideally suit candidates with previous experience of working in a busy office environment, who have the necessary skills to respond to a range of enquiries and processing a variety of applications in order to meet the needs of our customers.
You will also maintain accurate records for the service utilising the Council’s case management database and other IT systems, and provide support for other teams as necessary to cover staff absence.
A commitment to delivering high quality customer care, working as part of a team, knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
An awareness of the private rented sector and the challenges faced by private tenants and vulnerable households in a high demand housing market would be desirable.
English Language Requirement
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post. An assessment may be required. If you have any queries or would like to discuss this further, please contact the Human Resources team.
The Council offers in return a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days a month, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
Please submit any enquiries regarding the post or recruitment process via email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th October 2017
Interview Date: Tuesday 24th October 2017 (AM)