Support Worker x2
Employer: Look Ahead Care and Support
- Reference: LACS/17/44050
- Published on: Tue 26/09/2017 09:55 AM
- Closing on: Wed 25/10/2017 11:35 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Salary: £17,576 Per Annum Plus 25 days Annual Leave Per Annum, Pension schemes, Staff discounts
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Hertfordshire
Linden Road provides 24-hour support to two customers in Redbourn. Living in registered care, these gentlemen have learning disabilities and Autism, requiring a high level of support and care to meet their individual needs. The service comprises of two bungalows with offices and sleep in rooms for staff, located near Redbourn village, close to Harpenden and St Albans.
We are looking for a passionate and caring Support Worker willing to work within a team to support two customers living in supported accommodation. Linden Road bungalows is a dynamic supported living project for two gentlemen with learning disabilities and autism. The project provides a 24/7 support service, with an emphasis on choice and control for customers enabling them to achieve greater independence, improved quality of life and integration into the wider community.
We are looking some someone who is able to build supportive, trusting relationships with customers and create a positive atmosphere. You need to be able to provide a flexible, personalised and responsive support service that is tailored to each customer’s abilities and aspirations. This will include a willingness to work evenings, waking nights, sleep in’s, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Customers need support with daily living activities, including practical assistance, cooking, feeding, cleaning and person care. The role will also require you to maintain appropriate records to a professional standard in accordance with Look Ahead’s policies and procedures. If you have experience working with and motivating customers whilst being calm and resilient to challenging behaviour, then please apply for this role.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- To provide a flexible and responsive support service that is tailored to each customer’s abilities and aspirations
- Providing personalised support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment, including cleaning their accommodation and maintaining good personal hygiene
- Willingness to drive the customers’ Motability vehicles on a 2/3 to 1 basis, however a driving license is not essential
- To maintain appropriate records to a professional standard in accordance with Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.