Supported Housing Assistant
Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: B&H02718
- Published on: Mon 18/09/2017 12:50 PM
- Closing on: Mon 09/10/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Weekends, Permanent
- Hours: 14.50 hours per week.
- Salary: £18,070 to £20,138
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Brighton
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in the day to day running of the hostel at weekends, ensuring the service is delivered in as efficient and effective way as possible. To provide advice and support to single homeless people who have a dual diagnosis and to take an active role in enabling their resettlement within the hostel’s resettlement strategy.
Main advert detail
1. The reception of single homeless people including interviewing them as necessary. Providing advice and information on other services as necessary.
2. Offering informal and practical support to residents to ensure that they feel safe and secure within the hostel and are treated with dignity and respect.
3. The maintenance of a safe and secure environment.
4. Undertaking practical and lifeskills training with residents in order to promote independence and prevent future tenancy breakdowns.
5. Supporting keyworkers in the implementation of individual resident plans.
6. Undertaking informal counselling of residents.
7. Liaising with other appropriate agencies involved in delivering support.
8. To undertake the practical management of the hostel whilst on shift including:
a. Ensuring the active implementation of the hostel’s policies and procedures
b. Challenging / confronting behaviour which threatens the aims of the hostel and ensuring that all work at the hostel is carried out in accordance with the aims and philosophy of the project including dealing with complaints
c. Ensuring that the building is clean and encouraging residents to take responsibility for keeping their personal space and communal areas clean.
d. Carrying out regular inspections of the premises related to health & safety, reporting and recording repairs and ensuring that all equipment is working.
e. Preparing, cooking and serving food as necessary.
9. Undertaking manual and computerised administration tasks such as filing, photocopying and the upkeep of statistics.
10. Record keeping including events and incidents and resident’s files, statistics and other monitoring information. To provide written reports on specific areas as required to do so by the hostel managers.
11. Assessing risk posed by service users to themselves and / or others as and when necessary, using the hostel Risk Assessment procedure.
13. In addition the post holder will be expected to:
a. Attend regular supervision and training sessions
b. Be aware of the needs of other workers and contribute to a supportive working environment.
14. To assist and participate in training and job development programmes of the department.
15. You must be prepared to implement the council’s Equalities Policy at a level appropriate to the job and must at all times carry out your duties with due regard to the council’s Equalities Policy.
16. You must be prepared to be responsible for the implementation of, and compliance with, the provisions of legislation relating to the health and safety of such employees and areas of the workplace as fall under your direct control and for complying with legislation relating to such works and contracts as are within your direct responsibility.
The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.
Your duties will be as set out in the above job description but please note that the Council reserves the right to update your job description, from time to time, to reflect changes in, or to, your job.
You will be consulted about any proposed changes.
Sangeeta Patel (Project Manager) tel: 01273 294656
Darren Rusbridge (Deputy Project Manager) tel :01273 294026
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove City Council does not accept CV or resume
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.