Supporting Independence Service Officer
Advertiser: London Borough of Hounslow
- Reference: R0002352
- Published on: Wed 12/07/2017 14:45 PM
- Closing on: Thu 27/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: SO2 - £30,024 - £31,998
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hounslow
Full time , 6 Months FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Supporting Independence Service (SIS) based within Housing Client Services. SIS aims to support people to maintain their independence and prevent crisis by providing access to floating support services, supported accommodation and other services that may be able to meet the person's needs.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated person with direct experience of supporting people with a range of needs including mental health issues, young people at risk, single homeless people and socially excluded, families, learning, physical and sensory difficulties, older people and those with substance and alcohol misuse problems.
You will be required to undertake in-depth needs and risk assessments to establish the support that is required for these vulnerable people. This will include:
- Visiting people in their homes
- accessing support and supported accommodation services
- Providing direct support and housing advice
- Recording and maintaining computer databases
- Representing and promoting the Council's services at meetings and outreach sessions
If you meet all the above criteria, enjoy working with people, understand and are able to assess the needs of vulnerable people , have an awareness of the demands and sensitivities of working with vulnerable people, then you are the person who may be suitable for this post.