Employer: Medway Schools | Hoo St Werburgh Primary School & Marlborough Centre
- Reference: HSWPS/17/48815
- Published on: Tue 28/11/2017 09:23 AM
- Closing on: Wed 17/01/2018 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Salary Range main scale/upper + SEN allowance
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Hoo St Werburgh Primary School
TEACHER Required for September 2018
A unique opportunity has been created at Hoo St Werburgh Primary School & Marlborough Centre, which means we are looking to expand the teaching team to allow us to develop specialist roles across our provision. There is therefore an opportunity to join our friendly, supportive and highly committed team of professionals within our popular school.
The post will be in the Marlborough Centre, which is a specialist provision for children with complex needs on the autistic spectrum. Hoo St Werburgh Primary School & Marlborough Centre was graded Good by Ofsted in January 2016, we are now working towards Outstanding in order to continue to achieve the very best for all our pupils.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team delivering a ‘hands on’ curriculum which gives children opportunities to make outstanding progress in their learning. A knowledge of working with children on the autistic spectrum is preferable, as well as being a consistently good or better classroom practitioner with evidence of setting appropriate expectations to advance learning by engaging and motivating pupils.
Hoo St Werburgh Primary School & Marlborough Centre are committed to the development of all staff. There will be ample opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their professional skills.
Applicants should have:
- a passion for ensuring that all children should be able to achieve their potential whatever their additional needs
- Qualified Teacher Status
- excellent teaching skills
- a good understanding of teaching aimed at overcoming learner’s barriers to learning due to their special educational needs
- excellent communication skills
- an interest in or experience of teaching children with a range of additional needs including autism.
We can offer you
- Excellent professional development and support
- A well-resourced specialist provision, attached to a mainstream 2 form entry primary school
- Staff Well-Being
- Childcare Vouchers
There are 484 pupils on roll, 65 of these within the Centre. For more information, please visit our website at www.hoo-st-werburgh.medway.sch.uk If you are you a mainstream teacher looking to further your career into special education this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Secondments would be considered.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If this position interests you and you want to know more you are very welcome to visit.
Closing date: 17th January 2018 Interviews: To be confirmed