Team Manager, First Response Team
Employer: Harrow Council
- Reference: HAR-006680
- Published on: Tue 19/09/2017 13:45 PM
- Closing on: Thu 19/10/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £43,800-£50,106
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Harrow
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Harrow Children’s Services is committed to innovative practice and work to the highest standards to ensure our children receive the right support at the right time. That’s why this post is key to ensuring the right decisions are taken by those working in our ‘Front Door’. The First Response Teams work in a ‘Social Work Pod’ system which creates the right set framework for systemic and reflective practice to flourish.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Team Manager with a recognised professional Social Work qualification (e.g. Degree in Social Work, Dip SW or CQSW) to join the Children and Young People Service at Harrow council. Reporting directly to the head of service the post holder will manage and supervise a team of Social Workers, Senior Practitioners and other social care staff. The post holder will work together with the team to ensure the delivery of service to children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, children subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the court, children subject to private proceedings.
The post holder will ensure the provision of a high quality, cost effective and efficient social work service to children and their families. This will include the delivery of the service is within agreed strategic, operational and financial priorities and that it is in accordance with statutory responsibilities, policies and procedures.
In addition, the post holder will ensure that the key performance targets, as they apply to the team, are met.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills and experience:
- Significant managerial experience of statutory local authority front line social work services, including children in need of care and protection services etc.
- Extensive partnership work, particularly multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work within a statutory framework
- Experience of managing or contributing to the process of preparing for and participating in regulatory inspection(s) (e.g.: Ofsted or YJB)
- Excellent assessment and analytical skills (including complex casework and ability to undertake audits, investigations and reviews.
Closing date:19th Oct 2017
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.