Team Manager, Life Planning, Disability Service
Employer: London Borough of Barking & Dagenham
- Reference: LBBD/17/43015
- Published on: Wed 13/09/2017 11:25 AM
- Closing on: Sun 22/10/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 35 hours per week.
- Salary: £42,876-£45,666
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Barking & Dagenham
Barking & Dagenham is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated team manager within a disability service team based in Barking & Dagenham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in adult services and have a current registration with the HCPC.
Team manager duties include:
- Have an active role in the implementation of the Life Planning initiative.
- Maintaining an efficient and effective team of qualified and unqualified staff
- Delivering a needs led service to vulnerable adults and young people with disabilities.
- Financially managing the service whilst keeping within budgetary limits.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of all other aspects of the service.
- Contributing to the planning and development of new services in order to meet changing needs and demands, whilst fulfilling the department's objectives in line with government legislation.
- Developing a service environment that strives towards excellence.
Requirements of the team manager:
- Current HCPC registration
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- Significant senior level frontline experience within adult services
- Experience of integrated working with partner agencies.
- Hold a recent DBS check
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for and you would be interested in a confidential discussion about the post, then please send your questions to and we will get back to you within 48 hours.
Interview Date (Week Commencing): TBC
Closing Date for Application: 22nd October 2017
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.