Team Manager - Social Work
Employer: NE Lincolnshire Council
- Reference: L103
- Published on: Tue 04/07/2017 11:25 AM
- Closing on: Wed 02/08/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: JE45 : £40,057
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: North East Lincolnshire
WHO WE ARE
North East Lincolnshire Council has restructured to bring its Safeguarding, FFAP and Through Care teams under one management lead to increase opportunities for seamless working and provide better progression opportunities for its social workers. We are committed to creating, developing and maintaining a strong reflective learning culture which supports social workers to achieve excellence in practice and best outcomes for children and their families.
WHO WE WANT
We are looking for committed professionals who share our ambition and can bring something to the table to help us achieve it. We need positive, confident, innovative and enthusiastic individuals, undaunted by change or challenge, invested in their own development and that of others.
At the very least, you will need an understanding of good people management as well as being able to demonstrate the skills needed to support, guide and mentor others.
Most of all, we want people who genuinely care about the work we do and the people we serve and who want to achieve the best possible results for every child.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
If you can help us achieve our ambition, we can offer you:-
- Strong management support from a leadership team committed to developing and supporting excellence in practice across Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire
- Professional development pathways and programmes to support you to develop your knowledge and skills and to give you the best opportunity to achieve your potential
- Access to mentoring and/or coaching
- A commitment to effective and reflective supervision and to your wider well-being
- A commitment to achieving maximum caseloads of 18 per worker
- Extensive training in the ‘signs of safety’ operating model, Outcome Based Accountability and Restorative Practice approaches
- A competitive salary with generous terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort
- Agile and Flexible Working Arrangements
Team Manager (Fixed Term maternity cover)
Our recently created Team Manager posts are already proving to be the lynch pins of our service. Responsible for day to day operational management, they report to Service Managers and play a crucial role in the interface between workers and senior management, having accountability for ensuring that the safeguarding of children and young people’s welfare is at the heart of our service delivery.
Working alongside three other dedicated Team Managers you need leadership ability, enthusiasm and drive and should possess the necessary operational expertise to motivate others to improve the quality of professional social work practice across the breadth of the case work cycle. In order to lead others, you will need significant experience of working in a similar setting and will be organised with high levels of self-motivation maintaining the highest standards of professional practice. The ability to build positive relationships at a number of levels is required and you should have knowledge in all relevant areas of legislation.
This is an exciting time to join Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. If you are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact Megan Dennison (Head of Children’s Social Care and PCFSW) on 01472 325555.
Interviews are to be held on 16th August 2017.