Employer: Clarion Housing Group
- Reference: DEV1008
- Published on: Fri 18/08/2017 14:40 PM
- Closing on: Tue 17/10/2017 14:40 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36
- Salary: £58380 - £68680 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: London Cambridge Birmingham
Location: Ideally London but can be flexible
Salary: £58,380 - £68,680 per annum + £5k car allowance (London)
36 hours per week
About the role
We are growing our Land and Planning Division across the UK to become one of the country's top 5 builders in the next 3 years, and are offering a new and exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager looking to make their mark.
As Technical Manager, you will be accountable for assessing and providing designs for all geo-environmental, structural, civil, architectural, utility and other salient technical issues associated with the schemes which Clarion bid for and develop.
Reporting to the Head of Land Optimisation, the aim of the role is to carry out technical due diligence. Whilst working alongside the Land team during the offer, contracting and planning stage, you will ensure that all technical aspects of short term and strategic land are fully understood and risks and opportunities fully assessed. You will work to ensure that technical assessments and designs are achieved on time, to an agreed fee budget and which deliver the required Clarion financial returns.
What you'll be doing
* Advise the Land and Planning team on the technical viability of potential new sites.
* Enable the production of technical reports for land appraisals, and oversee the preparation of Section designs such as S38, 278 and S104 for adoption including utility design, details and specifications with minimum supervision
* Provide technical support and information to the Land and Planning, Sales and Marketing and Delivery teams and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
* Work collaboratively with the Design and Estimating Managers as well as overseeing fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
* Comply with responsibilities as laid down in Clarion's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
* At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
* Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing plans.
You will have the following:
* A complete understanding of geo-environmental, structural, architectural, town planning and utility aspects of residential development.
* Be CAD proficient.
* A strong track record of managing the technical aspects of a wide range of short term and strategic residential schemes and maximising returns. This is within the context of low rise traditional housing, tall framed mixed used schemes and refurbishment of existing buildings.
* Procurement of value engineered technical designs which respond to the risks, opportunities and constraints of the site and scheme.
* Proven commercial acumen and significant experience of successfully implementing new growth opportunities in line with ambitious targets.
* Strong planning, leadership, monitoring & motivating skills to maximise productivity and performance and to meet challenging deadlines, leading by example.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Friday 8th September 2017 at midday
When applying online please use Google Chrome.
About Clarion Housing Group
In return for your commitment and hard work, we will offer a competitive package and the opportunity to join Clarion at this very exciting time.
Clarion Housing Group owns and manages 125,000 homes across 176 local authorities. It is the largest housing association in the UK and is also one of the country's leading house builders. It has a combined turnover of £827 million, a surplus before tax of £233 million and existing assets worth £20 billion.
The result of a merger between Affinity Sutton and Circle Housing Group in 2016, Clarion Housing Group comprises of a group of housing associations and a charitable foundation which delivers one of the largest social investment programme in the country.
Clarion Housing Group's sales and development ambitions will be delivered by Latimer. It will be responsible for building over 50,000 new homes over the next ten years, two thirds of which will be affordable. It will work with the public and private sector to maximise supply of desperately needed new homes.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery