Temporary School Caretaker
Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: n/a
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 08:02 AM
- Closing on: Wed 24/05/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Salary: RG3b (scale point 15) £17,072 pa
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Reading
The Headteacher and Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and pro-active Caretaker to join our successful, happy school team. This will be a temporary contract, estimated to last around six months, to cover the sickness absence of our permanent staff member.
This is a full-time position, working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm.
The successful applicant will work alongside our Site Controller and will cover day-to-day porterage, janitorial tasks and maintenance within our school premises and grounds.
We are looking for someone with:
- Repair and maintenance skills.
- Gardening/grounds maintenance skills.
- An organised approach.
- A pride in their work.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements.
- A good sense of humour!
Visits to the school are encouraged.
Please contact the school for an application pack.
Alfred Sutton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be sought from the successful candidate for this position.
Closing date: 24 May 2017
Interviews: w/c 12 June 2017