Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: FCS0000047
- Published on: Mon 11/09/2017 11:00 AM
- Closing on: Sun 01/10/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Job-Share, Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £26,934 - £38,151
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bexleyheath
Treasury Accountant - oneSource Finance
Management Grouping: Finance & Corporate Services
Team: Pensions & Treasury
Location: Bexleyheath with requirement to work across sites
Salary: £26,934 - £38,151
Contract: Permanent – 36 hours. Job share/part time applications welcomed
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 October
oneSource Finance provides financial, assurance and procurement services to the London Boroughs of Havering, Newham and Bexley. Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
About the job
You will be part of a small team responsible for managing the pension and treasury activities of a number of London Boroughs. We are an award winning team and have built up a reputation for excellence in the Local Government Pensions Scheme (LGPS) and treasury sector. Our profile with council members is very high and professional integrity is a must.
The Council is about to embark on a major expansion of its capital borrowing programme and its loan book with third parties via complex loan facilities. You will be required to implement treasury strategies and support the management of treasury activities within partner authorities, prepare statutory accounts to strict deadlines, manage loans to third parties and support other areas of the Pensions and Treasury team when required.
The post is expected to cover the treasury dealing function and provide support in other areas of the Pensions and Treasury team when required.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Terry Pearce on 020 3045 5145.
What we offer
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: Sunday, 1 October 2017
- Anticipated Interview Date: week commencing 9 October 2017
Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply
CVs will only be accepted if submitted with a completed application form.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.