Virtual School Support Worker
- Reference: PVSW0717
- Published on: Thu 13/07/2017 12:00 PM
- Closing on: Wed 19/07/2017 23:04 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time, Permanent
- Hours: 18.5 hours per week.
- Salary: JG6:- £23,398 per annum pro rata
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Clevedon
North Somerset’s Virtual School require as soon as possible a Support Worker to work 0.5 FTE (Term Time Only) within the Virtual School for Children and Young People Looked After (CLA).
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide support in relation to the monitoring, tracking and evaluation of the attendance, academic progress, attainment and achievement of Children Looked After (CLA) through the use of the e-PEP system and other direct interventions;
- Maintain a regular risk register in relation to the academic progress and school placements for CLA.
- Liaise with school and social workers in relation to providing the appropriate level of challenge regarding the progress of CLA
- Organise training activities for the Virtual School
- Organise and monitor individual packages of support for individual CLA
If you can work both independently and in a team, and can demonstrate good organisational and ICT skills then please apply.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Wendy Packer, Virtual School Head on 01275 885157.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday, 25 July 2017