Salary: £41,735 - £51,343
Permanent: 37 Hours per Week
We are expanding our Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team within Thurrock Council's Children's Services and are currently recruiting for a SEN Statutory Performance & Tribunal Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the lives of children in Thurrock. You will work closely with families and support the delivery of an outstanding service, leading to improved outcomes for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
As a SEN Statutory Performance & Tribunal Officer you will:
- Manage the performance of the Statutory SEN Service in relation to assessment and provision for children with Special Educational
- Manage the cases and represent the Local Authority at the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Tribunal (SENDIST) and mediation.
- Provide advice and information to the Local Authority regarding the needs of pupils with SEND.
- Represent the Local Authority and liaise with Parents, Young People, Schools and Academies around the completion and amendment of Education Health Care Plans, including issues of Resources and Placement.
- Ensure there are robust systems in place within the Statutory Service for SEND, so that Children and Young People achieve their identified outcomes, including key liaison with School Improvement services.
- Participate in a range of meetings and working groups related to SEN and Disabilities
- Directly line manage two SEND Team Leaders.
- Have knowledge of the SENDIST and mediation process, the SEN Code of Practice, SEN statutory duties of the Local Authority and Disability Legislation relating to schools and Local Authorities.
- Have knowledge of a wide range of interventions to support pupils with Special Educational Needs.
A commitment to outstanding standards of customer care and service delivery and supporting the equal opportunity strategy working to resolve inequalities experienced by those in contact with the SEN service.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required at an Enhanced Level for this post.
Please note that interviews will be commencing on the 4th or 7th October
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: