- Manage the performance of the Statutory SEN Service in relation to assessment and provision for children with Special Educational
- Manage the cases and represent the Local Authority at the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Tribunal (SENDIST) and mediation.
- Provide advice and information to the Local Authority regarding the needs of pupils with SEND.
- Represent the Local Authority and liaise with Parents, Young People, Schools and Academies around the completion and amendment of Education Health Care Plans, including issues of Resources and Placement.
- Ensure there are robust systems in place within the Statutory Service for SEND, so that Children and Young People achieve their identified outcomes, including key liaison with School Improvement services.
- Participate in a range of meetings and working groups related to SEN and Disabilities
- Directly line manage two SEND Team Leaders.
- Have knowledge of the SENDIST and mediation process, the SEN Code of Practice, SEN statutory duties of the Local Authority and Disability Legislation relating to schools and Local Authorities.
- Have knowledge of a wide range of interventions to support pupils with Special Educational Needs.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: