We are looking for two friendly, customer orientated individuals to join our busy Customer Services Team within the Council’s Contact Centre and our Face to Face service. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, this could be the job for you!
About the role
Your role will be varied and you will deal with a range of enquiries over the telephone, face to face, by email, and text messaging. You will be required to:
- Provide excellent customer service by giving accurate and up to date advice
- Understand the needs of customers and handling difficult situations in a sensitive way
- Use several systems to input and extract information, so experience of using a variety of computer packages is desirable
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a customer services environment or call/contact centre, together with good keyboard and IT skills and an ability to deal courteously and sensitively with enquiries and complaints.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) For more information on this position please contact
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 2nd September
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY