As the Technical Officer you will work closely with the surveyors, Housing Officers and Scheme Managers to ensure all works are delivered safely and to the highest standard.
The work will involve undertaking regular inspections of properties, verifying compliance with contractual requirements, identifying property issues, preparing reports and ordering works, carrying out small maintenance works as directed.
You will be able to:
• Assist in the delivery of Cyclical, Planned Maintenance and Improvement projects to the Council’s housing stock.
• Carry out compliance checks such as water temperature checking, fire alarm testing and accurate recording.
• Carry out small maintenance tasks.
• Carry out site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with contract specifications and drawings, current legislation and the Council’s standards and policies
• Prepare reports on the progress of projects, site activities, and all other related matters and escalate issues to enable effective decision making
• Assist in the delivery of Major Adaptations works in residents homes and deliver projects that improve their quality of life
• Assist other teams within the Department as requested.
A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential.
In return we can offer a competitive salary, generous annual holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, Flexi time, contributory pension, training & progression opportunities, and a modern working environment.
For more information about the role please contact Martin Forster On 0118 974 3774
Please quote post number: 711208
Interviews will be held on week commencing 30th September 2019